Australia’s new government is upholding a ban on China’s Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. from bidding for work on the country’s US$38 billion National Broadband Network (NBN), Reuters reported Tuesday, citing the nation’s attorney-general. The former Labor government cited cyber-security concerns when it banned Huawei from bidding for contracts on the infrastructure rollout last year. Some senior officials in the new Liberal-led coalition government had supported a review of the ban, but Attorney-General George Brandis said the government has decided not to change the policy, Reuters said. “Since the election the new government has had further briefings from the national security agencies. No decision has been made by the new government to change the existing policy,” Brandis was quoted as saying in an email to Reuters.
– Contact HKEJ [email protected]