Date
19 October 2017

Chinese man detained over fatal Taiyuan explosions, Xinhua says

Police have detained a 41-year-old ex-convict over explosions that killed one person and injured eight others in northern China’s Shanxi province earlier this week, the official Xinhua news agency reported on Friday. Feng Zhijun, a resident of the provincial capital of Taiyuan, admitted to the crime after his capture at 2 a.m. on Friday, according to the provincial public security department. The blasts occurred on Wednesday morning in front of the office building of the Communist Party’s provincial committee in Taiyuan. Police found self-made bombs in Feng’s residence and seized the vehicle apparently used in the commission of the crime, the report said. Feng had served nine years in prison for theft, police were quoted as saying.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

RA/CG

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe