Date
19 October 2017

CNOOC mulls LNG terminal in Canada, paper says

CNOOC Ltd. (00883.HK) is considering building a liquefied natural gas plant and terminal to export the fuel from Canada’s Pacific coast to Asia, Shanghai Daily reported on Wednesday, citing a statement from the company. Nexen Energy, CNOOC’s newly acquired Canadian unit, has been awarded exclusive rights by Canada’s British Columbia to proceed with the LNG project known as Aurora LNG, according to the newspaper. CNOOC, which acquired Nexen for US$15.1 billion earlier this year, owns 60 percent of Aurora while Japan’s INPEX Corp. and JGC Corp. split the remaining 40 percent, the report said.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

CG

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe