Date
21 October 2017

TCL unit starts building phase 2 plant, paper says

Television flat panel maker Shenzhen China Star Optoelectronics Technology Co. Ltd. (CSOT), a subsidiary of TCL Corp. (000100.CN), has begun construction on the second phase of a 24.4 billion yuan (US$4.01 billion) plant, China Securities Journal reported Sunday. The new factory will have a monthly production capacity of 100,000 panels including 70,000 amorphous silicon panels and 30,000 oxide semi-conductor panels. The plant will use next-generation OLED (organic light-emitting diode) panel technology, TCL chairman Li Dongsheng was quoted as saying. TCL owns 85 percent of CSOT while Samsung holds the remaining 15 percent. CSOT took 17 months to build phase 1 which is capable of producing 130,000 panels a month. The phase 2 plant is expected to become operational in the third quarter of 2015 and will increase the supply of LCD panels by more than 10 million units annually, the report said.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

EL/AC/RA

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe