Date
18 November 2017

Commodity exchanges turnover tops 9 tln yuan, Xinhua says

China’s commodity exchanges have combined annual turnover of more than 9 trillion yuan (US$1.48 trillion), Xinhua news agency reported, citing Zhang Zhigang, chairman of the China General Chamber of Commerce. The country has more than 5,000 such exchanges with annual turnover of more than 100 million yuan each, the report said. Exchanges in the eastern regions account for 70 percent of commodity transactions while those in the midwest and Heilongjiang, Jilin and Liaoning provinces make up the remaining 30 percent, the report said.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

EL/AC/RA

 

    EJI Weekly Newsletter

    Please click here to unsubscribe