Date
19 October 2017

Wuhan calls off New Year fireworks over bad air, Xinhua says

Authorities in Wuhan in central China’s Hubei province canceled a New Year fireworks show to avoid further polluting the city’s murky air, Xinhua news agency reported on Monday. The local government had scheduled the show for Tuesday night, but decided to call it off after the city was enveloped in smog for days, the report said. Fireworks had been part of the city’s celebration of New Year’s Eve for the past 19 years, it added.

– Contact HKEJ [email protected]

CG

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe