Date
18 August 2017

Fewer candidates take graduate entrance test, paper says

The number of candidates sitting the national graduate school entrance exam has dropped for the first time in five years, possibly due to the end of free postgraduate courses, China Daily reported Monday. The Ministry of Education said 1.72 million people sat this year’s exam on the weekend, 40,000 fewer that last year. This year is the first in which free postgraduate education has been replaced with university scholarships, and the first with no age limits on entry, the report said.

– Contact HKEJ at digest @ejinsight.com

RA/SK

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe