Denying the Nanjing massacre ever occurred is an open challenge to human conscience and international justice as the brutal acts had already been confirmed with iron-clad proof, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on its website Wednesday. Naoki Hyakuta, one of the twelve board members at Japan Broadcasting Corporation, known as NHK, said in a speech Monday that the Nanjing massacre never took place. The official is said to be close to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. China says up to 300,000 civilians and soldiers died in Nanjing over the winter of 1937-38 after the Japanese military entered the city.
- Contact HKEJ [email protected]