Date
20 September 2017

Bank of Shanghai to put off H-share listing, website reports

Bank of Shanghai may postpone its proposed H-share listing to towards the end of this year or early next year because it has yet to gain the permits it needs to go public in Hong Kong by way of full circulation of its H shares, news website caijing.com.cn reported Friday, citing sources close to the bank. The bank aims to list by way of full circulation due to its large number of shareholders. As of the end of 2012, the bank had 40,099 shareholders, with 1,282 state-owned, foreign-capital and legal-entity shareholders owning a combined 78.31 percent of the lender, while the remaining 21.69 percent was owned by 38,817 individual shareholders, the report said.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

EL/AC/SK

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe