Date
18 December 2017

Sabah kidnap victim’s family gets phone call, paper says

A phone call has been made to the family of Chinese tourist Gao Huan Yuan who was seized along with a Filipina hotel worker in Semporna, Sabah, Wednesday last week, New Straits Times reported Sunday, citing director general Datuk Mohammad Mentek of the Eastern Sabah Security Command. “The call was made by a representative of the gunmen who informed the family that the victims are safe,” Mohammad was quoted as saying. “However, as far as I know, no demand has been made.” On April 2, around 10:30 p.m., seven gunmen grabbed the two victims at the Singamata Adventures and Reef Resort before fleeing by boat to Philippine waters, the report said. The kidnappers were believed to have proceeded to Jolo island in Southern Philippines after taking them to Simunul on Tawi-Tawi island, it added.

– Contact HKEJ at [email protected]

CG

 

 

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe