Hong Kong’s Ocean Park is set to launch what it considers its largest and scariest Halloween Festival on Oct. 2, raising the number of haunted houses to seven from five, with features that it says are sure to frighten the living daylights out of the visitors, Apple Daily reported on Wednesday.
In response to some complaints that its haunted houses were not scary enough, the amusement park is introducing new attractions. In one of the haunted houses, visitors will see at close range thousands of live insects wriggling out of an actor’s body, and in order to get out of the room, they have to find a door key in a heap of worms.
Advance tickets will be available from the end of the month. Those interested will be asked to have their blood pressure taken and sign a liability waiver.
There will also be a haunted house full of zombies, an attraction based on the 2013 local movie Rigor Mortis, which won the Hong Kong Film Award for best visual effects. All of the horror factors in the movie are there for visitors who want to test their guts.
Ocean Park will also introduce the world’s first haunted house that offers wearable recording equipment for visitors to rent at HK$100 (US$12.9), allowing them to photograph their own expressions of fright. There will also be a large-screen TV set up outside to let the public enjoy looking at other people’s scared faces.
Vivian Lee, executive director of sales and marketing, said they expect a double-digit growth in the number of visitors for this year’s Halloween Fest, from over 900,000 last year.
– Contact us at [email protected]