Local authorities in Zhengzhou city in Henan province are being accused of forcibly evicting a family from their home and illegally demolishing the property, Beijing News reported Tuesday.
Zhang Hongwei said his family was brought to a cemetery by a dozen unknown men who left them there. When they returned to their house, they found it had been torn down.
The local government had offered compensation to Zhang to relocate his family to give way to a planned subway station but he refused, saying the money was not enough.
He said the offer of several hundred yuan per square meter was much lower than the minimum compensation mandated by the State Council.
A local party leader said Zhang’s house was illegally demolished and those responsible will be punished, the report said.
– Contact us at [email protected]