The Pentagon said classified data about the US$399 billion F-35 stealth fighter program remains secure.
It was responding to documents released last week by National Security Agency whistle-blower Edward Snowden that said Chinese hackers stole “many terabytes” of data about the plane, Reuters reported.
The US Defense Department’s F-35 program office said Tuesday the latest documents, published by the German magazine Der Spiegel, “rehashed” a previously disclosed and reported 2010 incident.
It said only non-classified data about the new warplane being built by Lockheed Martin Corp. were compromised.
“Classified F-35 information is protected and remains secure,” the program office said.
China dismissed Monday the allegations it had stolen F-35 plans, radar designs and engine schematics.
– Contact us at [email protected]