Mainlanders are furious about the weekly protests against parallel traders in Hong Kong — in which innocent visitors have been attacked — and some are itching to fight back.
Some internet users say they will never visit Hong Kong again, even going so far as to destroy the documents that allow them to cross the border, then posting pictures of the torn-up documents online, Apple Daily reported Wednesday.
Others are offering netizens 3,000 yuan (US$479) per month, starting next month, to form a “quarrel squad” to travel to Hong Kong and take on the locals.
The organizer said a bonus of 300 yuan will be paid to each team member who is able to make a Hongkonger cry.
The workday will end at 5 p.m. for the squad’s members, who will get a meal as part of the package, the posting said.
Members of the quarrel team will have to undergo a series of training sessions to build up their eloquence, the volume and pace of their speech and their ferocity.
The recruitment ad was widely circulated on the Weibo social media platform but was later taken down.
Meanwhile, rumors have been spreading on the WeChat platform that the “one country, two systems” principle will be abolished next year and that Hong Kong will then come under the administration of Guangdong province.
Some mainland netizens said Hong Kong should be made a county under Shenzhen city.
– Contact us at [email protected]