Two deadly car bombs hit Yemen on Tuesday, a day after air strikes and clashes killed almost 200 people nationwide.
Islamic State in Yemen claimed responsibility for the attack in Sanaa, the latest in a string of recent actions by the hardline Sunni Muslim group against Shi’ite Houthis who run the capital, Reuters reported.
One of the explosives-laden cars detonated near a hospital in downtown Sanaa, the report said.
The Houthi-controlled state news agency Saba said the blast killed and injured “numerous” people.
About 10 people died in another car bomb attack in al-Bayda, capital of a southern province.
Saudi-led coalition air strikes and clashes killed at least 176 fighters and civilians in Yemen on Monday, the highest daily toll since the Arab air offensive began more than three months ago.
The United Nations has been pushing for a halt to air raids and intensified fighting that began on March 26.
More than 3,000 people have been killed since then as the Arab coalition tries stop the Houthis spreading across the country from the north, the report said.
– Contact us at [email protected]