Police are looking into the deaths of two dogs in Yuen Long amid signs that they had been poisoned.
A villager from Shung Ching San Tsuen called the police at 7 a.m. on Monday after she saw a mongrel die by the road with its mouth foaming, Ming Pao Daily reported on Tuesday.
Responding police officers suspected the dog had been poisoned after finding two bags of chicken meat dyed in purple lying beside the body.
Investigation revealed that the dead dog belonged to a female owner of a warehouse in the area.
The woman, surnamed Ho, confirmed the dog was one of the four mongrels she owned.
During a search of the warehouse, the officers found another dead dog, which they suspected had also been poisoned.
Of the remaining two dogs, one was found safe and sound while the other was missing.
The bodies of the dead dogs were sent to a lab to confirm the cause of death.
No one has been arrested and police classified the case as animal abuse.
Anyone with relevant information about the case is urged to call the police.
– Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org