Date
27 May 2017
Tai Po’s YATA supermarket has suspended sales of prepacked yellow boletus after it was linked to food poisoning. Photso: Baidu, sina.com
Tai Po’s YATA supermarket has suspended sales of prepacked yellow boletus after it was linked to food poisoning. Photso: Baidu, sina.com

Warning up on prepacked mushroom after food poisoning

Health authorities are warning against prepacked yellow mushroom after it was linked to three cases of food poisoning.

The Center for Food Safety (CFS) said three people were taken ill with food poisoning in January after eating prepacked yellow boletus, a type of edible fungus that might have been thrown in with some poisonous mushroom.

The two men and one woman, aged 23 to 52, experienced vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain and fever after eating home-cooked porcini mushroom bought from a Tai Po department store.

No one was hospitalized.

CFS ssaid it traced the cases to CanBest’s Wild Yellow boletus with a Dec. 30, 2016 use-by date.

It was imported by Joinluck Corp. Ltd. and sold in Tai Po’s YATA supermarket where sales have since been suspended.

Other vendors have also pulled the product from their shelves.

– Contact us at [email protected]

DY/AC/RA

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe