Date
20 October 2017
Tien Man-ho (inset) was renting this historic building in Yueng Long as a workshop and storage for movie props. Photos: Wikipedia, Apple Daily
Tien Man-ho (inset) was renting this historic building in Yueng Long as a workshop and storage for movie props. Photos: Wikipedia, Apple Daily

Music worker found dead in bathroom in suspected electrocution

A 34-year-old man was found dead in the bathroom of his Yuen Long flat, apparently electrocuted.

Tien Man-ho, who worked as a film music mixer, was renting the unit in an old building as a workshop, Apple Daily reports.

On Wednesday evening, a roommate heard a shout from inside the bathroom but thought nothing of it.

When he returned three hours later, he found Tien unconscious on the bathroom floor, investigators said.

He told police he got a shock when he touched the body.

Paramedics certified Tien dead on the spot. An autopsy is pending.

Police said Tien might have been electrocuted by a malfunctioning electrical appliance that had come in contact with the shower hose.

They ruled out the water heater as the source of the electrical leak.

Tien’s unit is in a two-story Grade III historic building in Ngau Tam Mei which he was renting with several others as a workshop and storage for movie props.   

Investigators said the flat’s power supply was illegally connected to a village house next door which the group was also renting.

Inspectors from the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department are investigating. 

– Contact us at [email protected]

TL/AC/RA

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe