A four-year-old boy has received treatment for injuries after an accident involving a glass door at a local shop on Tuesday.
The child accidentally got his hand stuck in the gap between the glass door and the door frame, in an incident that took place at around 6 pm at a shop at Provident Centre in North Point.
Apple Daily cited a witness as saying that she saw the boy shriek in pain for several minutes before firemen arrived at the scene and managed to free his hand.
It took the firemen about 15 minutes to unscrew and loosen the door before they could successfully pull the boy’s hand out and save him from excruciating pain.
The boy was then taken in an ambulance to the Eastern Hospital for treatment.
The incident follows a similar case in November last year, when a seven-year-old girl got her right hand stuck in the gap at one of the glass doors at Metro City Plaza III in Tseung Kwan O.
The girl suffered serious bruises and required medical attention.
- Contact us at [email protected]