Fire struck an Indonesian restaurant in Casueway Bay on Wednesday, causing extensive damage but no casualties.
Residents near Padang Indonesia Restaurant were evacuated as firemen battled the blaze for hours, Apple Daily reports.
The streets around the area were cordoned off as heavy smoke billowed from the stricken restaurant.
The street closures affected Gloucester Road and Paterson Street and a section of Lockhart Road from the SOGO department store to Victoria Park.
It took firemen about two hours to put out the fire.
There were no reports of casualties but the interior of the restaurant was gutted.
Police said they found nothing suspicious. The fire originated from the restaurant’s kitchen, investigators said.
Padang Indonesia Restaurant was first opened in North Point in 1979 by a Chinese Indonesian before relocating to Causeway Bay in 1999 after closing for a period of time.
– Contact us at [email protected]