Police are looking into a case of possible poisoning of a pet mongrel that was found dead in a Tuen Mun village last week, Apple Daily reports.
The owner said he suspected poisoning because the dog had foam in the mouth and its belly was swollen when he found it dead at the gate of his garage in So Kwun Wat Tsuen on Thursday.
On the same day he found that two of his four other dogs were missing. He then buried his dead dog.
He discussed the incident with fellow villagers on Sunday morning, and they agreed to prevent it from happening again. A female villager thus reported the incident to the police.
According to the owner, a foreign domestic helper in the village told him she saw a stranger feed some kind of meat to three of his mongrels at around 8:00 a.m. on Thursday.
The owner said it was not the first time that his dogs died of suspected poisoning. Two years ago, he found three of his mongrels dead under similar circumstances, although he did not report the incident to the police at the time.
He said he is considering installing security cameras and preventing his pets from roaming the streets.
Police classified the case as miscellaneous enquiries. No one has been arrrested.
So far there is no evidence to prove the dog had been intentionally poisoned, police said.
– Contact us at [email protected]