Jerry Maguire, the 1996 American romantic comedy/drama, is Paul Kwok’s favorite movie.
Why did he name his cocktail and dessert bar in Causeway Bay after it?
Kwok quotes a famous line from the movie: “You complete me.”
It’s an appropriate mission statement for the bar.
Kwok and his chef/partner Ediwah Tang have been experimenting for two years to come up with the perfect dessert-cocktail pairings.
Today, they introduce to us a recipe for one of them: Cheesecake crunch + B4 Sunset cocktail.
Ingredients (5 portions)
200g crunchy biscuit (crushed)
500g cream cheese
500g ricotta cheese
1. Mix the crushed crunchy biscuit, melted butter and sugar to suit your taste.
2. Bake the crunch at 180C in the oven until it turns golden and crispy.
3. Whip cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sugar till smooth, and then add Baileys to taste. Freeze the mixture until the texture is not too soft and not too hard but just right.
4. Randomly spread the cheese mixture on a plate. Sprinkle the crunch over it, with icing or berries if you like.
B4 Sunset cocktail
1oz Earl Grey-infused gin
10g sweet olive syrup
Earl Grey tea
1. Mix the gin, Earl Grey tea, apple juice and sweet olive syrup well in a shaker with half a glass of ice.
2. Pour the mixture into a glass with some ice cubes. Decorate with thyme.
This article appeared in the Hong Kong Economic Journal on June 18.
Translation by Darlie Yiu
[Chinese version 中文版]
– Contact us at [email protected]