The health department’s Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said on Tuesday that an investigation into a recent food-poisoning case has determined that all the affected persons had dined at a restaurant in North Point.
The victims suffered from abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea about two to 24 hours after having dinner at a restaurant on June 25 and 26, it said in a statement.
The statement did not identify the restaurant, but RTHK reported earlier that several people became ill after eating sashimi, lobster and Peking duck at Harbour Grand Cafe in Harbour Grand Hong Kong Hotel.
The CHP said Tuesday that it has identified eight food-poisoning clusters affecting 32 people.
The victims comprised 13 males and 19 females, with their ages ranging from 1 to 73.
Twenty-four of them sought medical consultation but none required hospitalization. All of the affected persons are currently in stable condition.
This brings the total number of persons affected by food-poisoning to 74 so far, comprising 29 males and 45 females aged 1 to 79.
The CHP said it has alerted the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department about the latest incident and that investigations are ongoing.
The agency urged people to take precautions to prevent food-borne diseases.
Diners must avoid eating raw seafood, and be discerning in choosing cold dishes, including sashimi, sushi and raw oysters, at buffets, it said.
Also, people must maintain personal, food and environmental hygiene at all times.
– Contact us at email@example.com