A syringe needle was found inside a pineapple bun at a cha chaan tang in Tsim Sha Tsui, but the restaurant refuses to accept responsibility, saying the bread came from a supplier, Headline Daily reports.
A picture showing a syringe needle stuck in a half-eaten bun was posted online recently.
A female customer had ordered the snack, and was shocked to find the foreign object as she was eating the bread.
The restaurant tried to waive the bill but the customer insisted that the owner must offer a proper explanation.
Police said they received a report at around 6 p.m. on Wednesday from a woman about a syringe needle found in a bun. The case has been classified as a dispute.
Some netizens suggested that the woman undergo blood tests as the syringe might be contaminated or used by someone suffering from a communicable disease or a drug addict.
– Contact us at [email protected]