A man in Zhejiang province suffered serious burns after his Xiaomi phone exploded, the second such incident in five days.
The victim, surnamed Lou, was carrying his Xiaomi 4C in his back pocket when it caught fire and exploded, Apple Daily reports.
Lou suffered third-degree burns in his lower body.
In Xi’an, Shaanxi province, a Xioami Max handset exploded while being charged in a bedroom.
The explosion caused a fire and a short circuit that left the house without electricity for hours, according to Sing Tao Daily.
The phone’s owner and his grandfather managed to put out the fire before firemen arrived.
Last week, Samsung was forced to recall its newly launched Galaxy Note 7 after reports of battery fire and explosions.
– Contact us at [email protected]