Doctors at Guizhou Medical University have successfully removed a dart that lodged between the eyebrows of a six-year-old girl after a freak accident.
The procedure, described by doctors as high-risk, lasted about 30 minutes and saved the girl from potentially going blind, Chinese news website huangqui.com reports.
The incident took place in Changshu in Guizhou province on Monday when the girl, her cousin and her seven-year-old brother were playing together.
The boy found a dart on the ground and threw it, hitting his younger sister in the forehead.
The girl was brought to nearby Changshu People’s Hospital where doctors recommended that she be moved to Guizhou Medical University.
The transfer was made the next day.
She underwent surgery under anesthesia.
– Contact us at [email protected]