Date
20 August 2017
The snake similar but shorter than the one above (inset) was a pet and might have belonged to other residents of the building. Photos: Google Maps, hk01.com
The snake similar but shorter than the one above (inset) was a pet and might have belonged to other residents of the building. Photos: Google Maps, hk01.com

Man wakes up to snake bite on finger

A 25-year-old man awoke to a sharp pain on Friday after being bitten by a snake.

The man, surnamed Fu, lives on the 15th floor of Cheung Ling Mansion on Connaught Road West in Sai Ying Pun.

Fu said his right middle finger was bitten when he woke up after a sharp pain. He saw a snake with black and white stripes on his bedroom floor.

He called the police and was sent to Queen Mary Hospital, according to hk01.com.

Police sought help from a snake catcher who said it was a one-foot-long female pet and was not poisonous.

The report did not say which type of snake it was.

Police said the snake might have belonged to other residents of the building.

– Contact us at english@hkej.com

YH/AC/RA

EJI Weekly Newsletter

Please click here to unsubscribe